mandag, desember 17, 2007

Mandagsmixtape


Cosmo Baker disket nylig opp med en fin-fin Diamond D-mix på sin MySpace:

"Back in the day in Philly, I used to tape Mimi Brown's rap show (I forget the name) on WDAS every weekend. I remember when they broke Ultimate Force's "I'm Not Playing" on the radio. I was floored by how ill of a song it was. One thing I clearly remember was when Master Rob was like "Yeah my partner Diamond D. The D stands for DOUBLE DOSE OF DINNER." Shit had me rolling. I remember that Monday on the subway, me and Mighty Mi (of The High & Mighty) laughed about that shit like it was the end all of snaps.

There are so many joints that I could have thrown on here, mad remixes and crazy D.I.T.C. shit that dude got down with, but I actually just wanted to heed his words and KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID. So anyway, I'm proud to present this mix, exclusive to my Myspace blog. I hope you enjoy it. (Extra shout out to my man Mike Boz for letting me dub "Stunts, Blunts & Hip-Hop from him back in the day.)" - Cosmo Baker

Cosmo Baker Presents Diamond D (With The Dope Sound)

Intro
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "You Can't Front feat. Sadat X & Lord Finesse"
Fat Joe "Flow Joe"
Ultimate Force "I'm Not Playing"
Diamond D "When It Pours It Rains"
Pharoahe Monch "The Light"
D.I.T.C. "Day One"
Oliver Sain "On The Hill"
Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper & Stephen Stills "Stop"
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "Check 1 2"
Diamond D "This One feat. Busta Rhymes"
Showbiz & A.G. "Hard To Kill"
House Of Pain "Word Is Bond (Diamond D Remix)"
Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth "Bad Mutha"
Ultimate Force "Another Hit"
The Pharcyde "Groupie Therapy"
Tha Alkaholiks "The Next Level"
The Fugees "The Score"
Brand Nubian "Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down (Diamond D Remix)"
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "Best Kept Secret (45 King Remix)"
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "Freestyle (Yo That's That Shit)"
A Tribe Called Quest "Show Business feat. Brand Nubian & Diamond D"
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "Sally Got A One Track Mind (Showbiz Remix)"
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "What You Seek"
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics "Fuck What You Heard"
Showbiz & A.G. "Soul Clap"
Ultimate Force "Smooth As Suede"

Ingen kommentarer: